Monday, April 14, 2008

2008 Ambulance Chase 5k Race Report

What a race!!!!

Steph and I, along with some friends of ours, completed the 2008 Ambulance Chase 5k yesterday. The weather was overcast and chilly. Perfect running weather :) Steph had a great time of 27:47. She finished 4th in her class so she almost placed.....woohoo for her!!!!!

I, on the other hand, did not fare so well. The race went great for me until I got about 300 yards from the finish line. Up until that point I was running 7:10-7:15 miles, which is phenomenal for me. I thought I would finish around 21:30 or so. So I turned the last corner to head towards the finish line and blew out my hamstring. Yep, I pulled it pretty bad. I ended up walking across the finish line with 24:26, which isn't bad at all (until you factor in that if i hadn't injured myself I could had finished in the 21 min range). I also would have placed I think....the guys who did place, passed me as I hobbled to the end.

I can't say I'm happy with my performance although I guess I should be. 21 was soooooo close.....agghhhh!!!!!!

Anyway, I head to the DR. tomorrow and then see what happens. My leg feels much better today than yesterday as I've been R.I.C.E'ing it as well as eating some Motrin. I'm going to take this week completely off and then see how I feel next week. If things look ok, I think I may still be able to do the half in Cinci, but we'll play it by ear.

I should kill David for talking me into 5ks :)



Cheers!!!!

Weight:158lbs
Exercise:None.
Weather:Cool, Sunny.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Bugger! I hope it's not too serious.

David H. said...

Sounds like you had a hell of a pace going on - much faster than I've even thought of doing in a 5k. I hope this won't discourage you from doing 5ks in the future. Rest up and you'll be back at it soon.