Monday, February 4, 2008

4 miles and some weight

I changed my lifting schedule a bit and am doing some incline and decline presses. If you haven't tried those, you should. They help more fully develop your chest. I also added some significant ab work and arms/shoulder work. Moreover, I increased my weight today. I usually do all my work with 30lb dumbbells. Today, I increased it to 35lbs and may increase it to 40 on Wednesday depending on how I feel.

There is a school of thought that says if you can lift a specific weight more than 10 times, you should increase the weight to a point where you can only lift it 6 times. Once you can lift that weight 10 times, then you increase it again. That way you are always challenging your muscles. Soooooo, that's what I'm doing. I'm also sticking with dumbbells as I feel like they work more muscles than just a barbell.

So I got 4 miles in today as well, which felt pretty good. My foot is still sore, but it actually feels better when I run rather than when I don't. Tomorrow is a rest day and then I think I'm going to do 4 miles again on Wed. and then the same on Thursday. I'm looking forward to doing 5 on Saturday. I have to begin to increase the mileages if I intend to race the Shamrock Half.

Cheers!!

Weight: 159lbs
Exercise:Running 4 miles, Weightlifting
Weather:40 degrees. Cloudy.

No comments: