Sunday, February 3, 2008

Good Saturday and 'Bodies'

Steph ran her usual 8 miles yesterday and I ran 3. My foot is still feeling better. I think I'm going to try for 4 tomorrow. If that goes well, I think I'll 4 on Wed and Thursday and then go for 5 on Saturday next week. If everything goes well and I continue to heal, I'll be ready for the Shamrock Dolphin Challenge in March. Slow and Steady :)

After our run on Saturday, Steph and I went to the Bodies exhibit. I have to say that I left there feeling more than a little creeped out. It wasn't the fact that the exhibit featured the disemboweled bodies of my fellow human beings. Science is good. And, anything that helps promote science in the masses is good.

It is more the fact that the folks in the exhibit used to be people. I know that sounds weird, but man, it is weird to see people with no skin and not think of them as people. Also, I'm not really sure where they got the folks who participated in the exhibition. My understanding is that they were from China. And, according to rumor, they may have been Chinese political prisoners. Now, I don't know that, but if it is true, I'm really upset that I spent 22 bucks for it. It's kind of like blood money.

Well, now that I've made this post really depressing. I'll leave on an upnote by telling you that I swear Steph and I saw a real live member of Whoville at dinner. She was about 75, but could have easily been a Who. Also, check out the video below Cindy Who....it's why I run ;)






Cheers!!

Weight: 158lbs
Exercise: Running 3 miles, Steph 8 miles
Weather: Cold, 35 degrees.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Topher said...

That's interesting about the bodies exhibit. I thought about seeing it in Vegas when I'm there in a few weeks, but then I found out it's coming to Kansas City so I could see it here, too. I admit my morbid curiosity might get the best of me and end up going, but I want to find out more about the Chinese prisoner thing. I, too, would feel weird spending money knowing that's who they are.