Monday, March 24, 2008

Better gas mileage


It seems like my running is getting easier. I am consistently putting down 8:30/miles during my easy runs and I can't tell you how happy I am about that. I never thought I'd run faster than a 10:00 mile. When I first started running, I tried to go out and run my fastest mile. It came out to 9:30. Right now, I could probably run a 6:30-7:00/mile if I really wanted to (although I'm not going to try). Woohoo!!! I'm getting faster :)

Steph and I did our long run (6 miles) on Saturday. We are taking it easy after the half-mary last weekend so we only ran 12 miles total last week. This week, I'm going for 4-4-4-8. I did 4 today (and lifted) and I feel great. I also decided to shoot a few hoops while I was at the gym.

Cheers!!!

Weight: 158lbs
Exercise: Running 6 miles Sat, Running 4 miles today, Weightlifting
Weather: Cool, Sunny.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Congrats on the srong running. I know how you feel. I'm about the same talent level as you are (in terms of pace for a long run). It is nice when all your hard work pays off. Keep running

David H. said...

I say go out and run a mile as fast as you can and see what happens. I'd suggest doing about a mile warmup and then just go for it, then give yourself about a mile cool down. It's fun to do every once in a while, and it's a good speed workout.