Monday, March 31, 2008

Charlottesville Ten-Miler


We had spring break this past week at WVU. So, I decided to visit my dad in Virginia. On my ride to his house, he told me that the Charlottesville Ten-Miler was on Saturday. This race has been around for 33 years and, in fact, my dad has run it twice. I had planned on doing an 8 mile run on Saturday, but since I was going to be around the C-ville area, I decided to register for the race and run that instead of my eight miler. I'm glad I did. The scenery is wonderful. You get to run through the Univeristy of Virginia campus and the great city of Charlottesville.

I finished in 1:27:04, which is around an 8:49/mile pace (959th out of 2111). I'm very happy with that. I was about 10 minutes off of my dad's best run for the race. I'll beat his time next year :)

I also got another sweet medal...woohoo!!!

Steph did her 8 miles this weekend back in WV. I took today off as my legs are a little sore. The hills really punish you if you aren't used to them. I'll run and lift again on Wednesday. This week will be 4-4-8. Next week I'll be back to 5-5-5-10.

Cheers!!

2 comments:

David H. said...

Congrats! Unexpected things like this are always the best!

Robert Barker said...

Gotta love the medal. Great job.