Monday, June 4, 2007

3 mile run Baby!!!!!

Woo hoo!!! I did 3 miles today :) My 4 week hiatus from running is over....I decided to jog today and man did it feel gooooooooood. My calves are a little tight, but it's a good sore. I did the run in 30:55 (10 minute mile) so, as you can tell, I didn't overdo it. But, wow is it nice to be running again.

There are some folks who I talk to about running and they complain about it not being fun. It's like a pain in the butt for them to run. I don't really get that. Granted, I'm still kind of new to this, but I really enjoy it. The way I see it, if you don't like running don't do it. Why force yourself to do something you don't like to do?

Anyway, I'm back :)

I guess I should mention that I also lifted today (arms/chest). I'll be running again on Wednesday and Friday. Tomorrow and Thursday are gym days where I'll be cycling.

Weight: 173lbs
Exercise: Running 3 miles, Lifting
Weather: Beautiful, 78 degrees, no humidity

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There will be days when it's a pain in the butt, and it won't be fun. As the wise Dr. Hauser taught me, "everyone has bad days." He also taught me "any asshole can run a mile." Have him explain that one to you too. It's very helpful.