Sunday, June 3, 2007

Stupid should hurt

So, the damn bike rack situation finally worked itself out. We finally got it installed on Friday. Those freakin' guys from Advance Auto should do all of us a favor and quietly end their lives. For some reason, they thought this whole ordeal was funny. Needless to say I won't be returning to that particular store. In fact, for those folks in Morgantown, do me a favor and don't ever go to the Advance store on University Ave. if you can avoid it.

In other news, Steph and I and a few of our friends went for our 40 mile bike ride yesterday. What a great time we had!! We had beautiful weather and it wasn't overly hot. The ride itself was pretty flat and there were plenty of refreshments along the way. The trail took us from Prickett's Fort all the way to the Wharf District in Morgantown and back. At the halfway point, we were treated to a free sub from Subway and then headed back to Prickett's Fort. The last five miles, a buddy of mine and I decided to sprint the rest of the way. So after 35 miles, we then hauled ass to the end. We did the last 5 miles in just over nine minutes (we were moving).

After our ride, we then celebrated with a bunch of my former students by having dinner at a local Japanese steak house, followed up by drinks at a local pub. So all in all, it was a great time.

In terms of training, the only exercise I did this weekend was the bike ride. I've switched my rest days to Sundays now as my training is going to require that I do my rests on the weekends. Tomorrow I'm back to strength training and my cardio.

Weight: 173lbs
Exercise: 40 mile bike ride
Weather: Sunny, warm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing your ride and especially sprinting the last 5 miles. Is that the stupid should hurt part of it, or does that refer to the cretins at the auto shop?

I was really looking forward to our ride this coming Sunday, but that's not going to happen now. I'll take a rain check for now!

Joe

Jason said...

It refers to the auto shop jackasses...although I guess it applies to me as well :)

I was looking forward to our ride too. But, I'd much rather you get better than biking. We'll do it when things get better. Besides, it'll give me more time to train so I don't get my ass handed to me by my father-in-law :)