Thursday, June 7, 2007

Off to the Beach!!

Well, this is my last post for about two weeks. Steph and I are headed to the beach. We have a beautiful oceanfront house at the Outer Banks...woohoo!!!! As most of you know, I do no work when I'm on vacation, so no email, computer, cellphone etc. I hope I don't have withdrawals :)

In the meantime, I'll let you know that after my run on Monday I was a little sore...actually, I was a lot sore. I ran 3 miles after a month of no running and my legs felt like lead the next day. Anyway, I think I may have pushed it a little. Today was the first day I ran since Monday. I ran 2 miles and walked 1 mile then lifted.

Today I also picked up some new running shoes. They are great. The folks at Fleet Feet in Pittsburgh are really great people and helped me pick out the perfect shoe. If you find yourself near Pittsburgh, I would definitely suggest you stop in.

I'll be taking my weights to the beach and will be attempting to run on the beach so I won't be resting too much.

See you soon!!!!

Weight: 172lbs
Exercise: Running 2 miles Walking 1 mile
Weather: hot, damn hot, 92 degrees

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright dude, there you had to go and be all inspirational and shit. You even got me to dust off my shoes and start thinking about running a half. Just a half, mind you.

88 degrees. Of course the rail trail will be nice and cool (she said to herself). Famous last words.

Jason said...

That's great!!!! Woo Hoo!!!....so have you attempted to run in the way too hot weather?

The beach running wasn't too bad...the one thing I've noticed is the outside of my left knee felt pretty rough after my runs. I think I may have been twisting it a little. Also, I have to say at least at the beach we always had a breeze so the hot weather was bearable...here it is like a sauna.