Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Icy Hot...Icy Awesome!!!

So today I discovered the wonder of Icy Hot. What a wonderful invention this crap is. After my run today, my calf was a little sore, so I thought I'd try it. Wow, when they say icy to numb the pain and hot to melt it away, they weren't kidding. My calf feels really good now. Steph doesn't like it so much as it stinks up the whole house, but I think I'll be using it more often. I have used Bengay in the past, but Icy Hot I think is mucho better.

The run today was a bear. It was really hot and extraordinarily humid so I was struggling. I ran 2 1/4 miles, walked a 1/4 mile, and then ran another 3/4 miles. So I ran 3 miles total and walked 1/4 mile (excuse the poor grammar, I don't know if I should pluralize or not). Anyway, it went well except for the soreness in my calf and the fact that I was dragging.

Tomorrow is a rest day and then back to running Thursday.

Weight: 172lbs
Exercise: Running 3 miles, walking 1/4 mile
Weather: Hot and Humid, 92 degrees

2 comments:

David H. said...

Icy Hot is pretty awesome. And if you have any other pains, Advil (not the generic ibuprofen) works wonders as well.

Anonymous said...

But, too much Advil brings on intestinal, ah, side effects. And can help enable your denial about the severity of your pains.