Monday, June 25, 2007

Glad to be home

Whew!!! what a great (and tiring) two weeks at the beach. I know, I know....stop complaining about having two weeks vacation at the beach. Man was it fun!!!

We kayaked (give 'dem kayaks Larry--long but worth it), went 4WD on the northern beaches to look at the wild horses, rode a ferry, sat out on the beach, visited Ocracoke, sat out on the beach, rode our bikes, got caught in a torrential downpour, ate great seafood, sat out on the beach, and sat out on the beach.

In addition to all that fun, I ran 3 miles a day, four days a week for a grand total of 24 miles over the past two weeks. In addition, I lifted the first week. I decided to skip the second week as I felt I was overdoing it a little.

While we were at the beach, I have to say I got hooked on SCUBA. That is, I think I'm going to get certified to do it next month. We have a little place here in Morgantown that provides the classes and I think I'm signing up. They are PADI certified. So, in case I didn't have enough physical crap on my plate, I think I'm going to learn how to SCUBA dive as well. It's only one night a week for five weeks...should be pretty easy, but we'll see. I became fascinated with the "Graveyard of the Atlantic" while at the Outer Banks and decided I wanted to swim in some wrecks...anyway, here's to me becoming the next SCUBA Steve.

I ran 3 miles today and will do so again on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I'll follow the same schedule for next week, and then the week after, I'll be starting my training for the marathon.

Cheers!!!

Weight: 172lbs
Exercise: Running 3 miles
Weather: Hot, hot and wet, that's good if you with a lady, but not if you running.

No comments: