Saturday, January 26, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Whew!!! Sorry for the lack of posting recently. Things have been pretty hectic. And, to add insult to injury, I haven't run at all. Today was the first day back running. I put in 2 miles and I felt pretty good. My heel is still hurting, but it seemed to loosen up as I was running. Steph ran 8 miles today as well. After that, we joined some friends of ours for a bout of ice skating. The last and only time I ice skated I was in college. So, needless to say, it was a comedy of errors. I only busted my butt once :)

So I hope I'm on the mend. In the meantime, I've been lifting every other day and I even started swimming to try and keep my cardio conditioning.

All in all, I've been driving myself batty since I haven't been running, but with today's run, I think I'll be trying 2 again on Monday. Things feel so much better when I run. And because I'm addicted to it, when I don't run I get withdrawals :) Of course, I'll be keeping up with the weightlifting and I think I may be keeping up with the swimming too.

As faculty at WVU, I'm eligible for membership to our recreation center. So, last week I went in and signed up for a membership. My hope is that if I still need to hold back on running I can do other things to keep things moving forward. My half-mary in VA beach is a little over a month and half away and I want to be injury free when I run it. So, I guess its slow and easy for a while.

Oh, and lastly, I turned 34 on Friday. Woohoo!!!!

Cheers!!!!


Weight: 158lbs
Exercise: Running 2 miles, Ice Skating 2 hours
Weather: Cold, 25 degrees.


Powered by ScribeFire.