Saturday, December 8, 2007

46 miles this week for the family

Steph and I did ten miles each today...woohoo for her...that's the most she's ever run. The trail stunk though. Most of the running was done either in the snow or in the slushy, melty crap that used to be snow. I knew today's environmental conditions would suck, but we endured. Today's run felt great for me. Steph has a little soreness, but she did great. So, for the week, Steph and I ran 46 total miles, 23 for her and 23 for me.

The plan is to take a break next Saturday as we'll be in Colonial Williamsburg, so we'll only run six I think. We'll then conquer 12 the following Saturday. Then two weeks after that we run the Run To Read Half.

I think my schedule for next week will be 5-7-5-6 Then 5-8-5-12 the following week. At that point, I'll be on the schedule I want to maintain until I begin to train for the Marine Corps Marathon.

One final bit of news, I just got confirmation that I'll be learning to sail this summer. It is a week-long, live-aboard program in Charleston, SC. I'm really psyched. The plan is to go to the Outer Banks for a week (so I can SCUBA) with Steph. Steph will come back home as she will only be able to take one week vacation. I'll then head to Charleston and spend the next week sailing the high seas (and pillaging of course)!!! WooHoo!!!

Weight: 157lbs
Exercise: Jason running 10 miles, Steph running 10 miles
Weather: Overcast, 35-40 degrees.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

David H. said...

Congrats on picking back up on the mileage! I'm looking forward to getting back to normal very soon!