Thursday, December 20, 2007

So I either set a PR or my timer messed up

Steph and I made it back from vacation. It was a lot of fun. We ran on Saturday and this past Monday.

Today, I ran 5 miles. I put in 8 yesterday and 5 on Monday (in Colonial Williamsburg), but here's the thing. I ran 5 miles today in 42:54. That's the fastest I've ever run 5 miles. Last week, I ran 5 miles in like 45 minutes. Both times, I ran through a tunnel on our trail that's like 1/4 miles long. Usually, my Garmin 205 loses the satellite signal when I go through the tunnel, but I think the timer keeps going. It has this thing called "auto-pause" that senses when you are stopped and pauses the timer.

My question, for all the other Garmin users, is does the auto-pause kick in when the signal is lost? If it does, then I don't have a PR, but if it doesn't then Woohoo for me!!!! Anyone know?

This Saturday is 12 miles for Steph and I. We are preparing for our half-mary on January 5th and this will be the first of our 12 mile runs in preparation.

BTW, I'm catching a cold. It's not too bad in terms of running yet, so I'll be muddling through I think.

Cheers!!


Weight: 158lbs
Exercise: Sat. running 8 miles, Mon. running 5 miles, Wed. running 8 miles, today running 5 miles
Weather: Cold.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

David H. said...

Not sure on the Garmin issue. Mine keeps going no matter what. Congrats on running while on vacation!