Friday, May 25, 2007

Boil, boil, toil, and trouble.....

Well, the Dr. says I am having really bad allergies. So he gave me a bunch of medicine and sent me on my way. While I was there, I asked him to take a look at my leg. He did an X-ray and didn't find any evidence of a stress fracture, so it looks like I'm on the mend. He gave me a referral to some local physical therapy folks who are runners and advised me that I should get in touch with them to get some advice on avoiding future injury.

While I was out, I ordered a receiver hitch for Steph's car which a local mechanic is going to install for me. We originally had asked the dealer to price out installing a hitch and he quoted us like $1000.00. Buying it on our own and getting a guy to install it is going to cost $300. Much more reasonable. So, we're going back to the original idea to haul the bikes around. I went by our local bike shop and placed the order for the rack. Next Wednesday I'll get it installed. Glad that's over :)

Finally, I went to my personal trainer again today. We went through my initial exercises and then she did some great stretching thing to my legs that was really cool. Felt really good. Anyway, I'll be back in the gym with her on Tuesday.

After the visit today with the trainer, Steph and I biked to Prickett's Fort and watched the local Fairmont Community Band perform the first of their summer concert series. Once that was over we biked back home.

Busy day, but lots of fun.

Weight: 176lbs
Exercise: Walking 1 mile, Cycling 5 miles, Lifting
Weather: Warm and humid, 85 degrees, sunny

No comments: