Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fairmont Rotary Club Rail Trail Ride


Steph and I, as well as some of our friends, will be riding in The Fairmont Rotary Club Rail Trail Ride For Scholarship on June 2, 2007. It starts at 10:00am at Prickett's Fort State Park. It's a non-competitive 40-mile trip from Prickett's Fort to Morgantown and then back. I hope my butt can stand 40 miles :)

Apparently if we complete the ride, we get a water bottle, free lunch from Subway, and entertainment before and after the event.

If anyone would like to join us, please let me know.

In other news, my bike ride went well today...I did 12 miles in about 40 minutes. My heart rate stayed in the high range. For a 33 year old guy who is active, my max heart rate is about 188. I stayed around 145-150 almost the entire time which puts me in the "vigorous" range. That's my normal exertion for my daily cycling, so I feel I can probably bump it up some (but not too much). I have to say it again...that heart monitor watch rocks!!!!!

Weight: 177.6lbs
Exercise: Cycling 12 miles
Weather: 84 degrees, very sunny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did 14.8 miles in 52 minutes and I was glad I had a heartbeat. Not bad for a 59.5 year old. Does that put me in the barely alive range?

Jason said...

Ha!!! I would say it puts in the very alive range :)