Monday, May 21, 2007

I need new workout music!!!!

So today was a walking day. This is the first day that I've walked since my injury. It went well. I can tell my stress fracture is still there, but it seems to be healing well. I made sure to stay in the grass as much as I could in order to make sure that the additional stress of walking was softened as much as possible. It was a beautiful day as well so that helped. The heart monitor watch worked perfectly. It was kind of weird though because you can hear the signal from the chest strap in my iPod headphones. So, not only is my workout being stored in my watch, but it also make a noise in my headphones so I can hear my heart beat. The nice thing is that I can turn up the music and drown out the noise.

I also did my strength training today. I have a MWF plan that pretty much works my arms and chest. I have to start on Ab work...ughhh.....I'm not looking forward to that. I hate Ab work. Once, my leg heals up, I'll be doing lunges and calf work but I don't want to aggravate the injury. Anyway, my lifting went off without a hitch.

Steph and I have been evaluating getting a bike rack for her Pilot. Man, what a hassle. I think we have finally decided on a rack-mounted system that attaches to the roof of her car. We want to take our bikes to the beach...who knew it would be such a problem?!?

OK, so lastly I have to make a comment about how much it sucks not to have good workout music....I've gone through my entire collection. So, if you have any music you'd like to recommend or let me use, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know!!!!!

See ya!!

Weight: 176.8lbs
Exercise: Walking 3 miles
Weather: Sunny, 70 degrees

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's always Ministry.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Ghandi was right. Especially after mile 19.

Jason said...

Ok, so isn't Ministry like devil music? ;)

I'll give it a shot as long as my ears don't start bleeding....

Anonymous said...

Better your ears than your nipples.

Anonymous said...

This site will probably give you some ideas, and it includes freeware to help you organize your workout playlists