Monday, May 28, 2007

Come on baby light my fire...

So a frequent reader suggested the following training music (some of which I already have). I have some downloading to do as the 8-tracks that these originally came on don't transfer well. Sorry Joe ;)

Photograph - A Flock of Seagulls
Shooting Shark - Blue Oyster Cult
The Voice - Moody Blues
Drive - The Cars
Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Herum
Kasmir - Led Zepplin
Wheel in the Sky - Journey
Only Time Will Tell - Asia
Freebird - Lenyrd Sknyrd
Livin on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Final Countdown - Europe
Silent Running - Mike and the Mechanics
Heat of the Moment - Asia
I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore - REO Speedwagon
New Years Day - U2
We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions - Queen
Light My Fire - The Doors

While I get to downloading, I'll give you a quick update. Steph and I walked 3 miles this morning at the track. I really wanted to run....I found myself having to keep from taking off. I think I actually walked faster today than I've ever walked 3 miles before...man I wanted to run. But, as my good wife advises, I have to let my leg heal all the way up...patience is the key. So I'll continue to walk/cycle for little while longer.

I also lifted today. If you're interested, below is the arms/chest workout I do MWF:
  1. Dumbbell Flies
  2. Dumbbell Press
  3. Dumbbell Hammer Curls
  4. Dumbbell Bent Over Row
  5. Dumbbell Front Raise
  6. Dumbbell Lateral Raise
  7. Triceps Dip
I also throw in about 40 push-ups daily. I haven't started my ab stuff yet...have I mentioned I hate ab work?

Tomorrow, I'll lay out the lower body workout I do on Tuesday and Thursday.

Weight: 176.6lbs
Exercise: Walking 3 miles
Weather: Warm, overcast, 83 degrees

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

8 Track? 45's, good old vinyln!

Jason said...

ha..how do you play those? oh wait, that's what a record player is :)

Anonymous said...

I think, if it were me, that many of those songs would help me run faster, as I would be trying to get home and take off the effing MP3 player to stop the pain.