Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Last post until after the race

Well, today was my last running day.  Tomorrow I walk three miles and then Saturday is the marathon.  This week has been pretty low key.  I haven't been as anxious and, in fact, I haven't thought much about the race.

Steph and I leave Friday for Richmond.  Right now, it looks like we'll eat a big pasta dinner with her dad and then stay the night with him.  Then up and early on race day.  We found out today that you can sign up to receive text messages during the race to track my progress in real time.  That is, as I run the race and cross different checkpoints, the timing chips will then send out my time via text message to anyone who signs up.  How cool is that?  That means that folks who are there to cheer me on can actually know when to show up at the different checkpoints.  The Richmond Marathon really is the "Friendliest Marathon".

Anyway, since I won't be posting again until after the marathon, please let me know of any last minute things I need to know.  Keep me in your thoughts on Saturday :)

Cheers!!

Weight:157lbs
Exercise:Running 3 miles
Weather:Cold, cold, cold!!!!

4 comments:

David H. said...

Have a great race! Shoot me an email if you'd like to try to meet up. It'll be like a finding a needle in a haystack that morning, but we could try and plan it out. Otherwise, I'll have that bright yellow Livestrong shirt on.

Anonymous said...

Jason, you are going to kick ass! We'll be sending lots of good vibes your way.

And the only tip I would say, is tuck a little bit of T.P. in your pocket in case all the porta potties are out. :)

Mark said...

The TP is a good tip. Also, a pplain white sock (or 2) in your pocket..... Lots of uses.... blow your nose.... wip your face.... or anything else.... just.... you know... Stuff!

Run strong Jason.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your race! You have trained so well and have been so positive and consistent that I know it will pay off for you this weekend. Enjoy the day - look forward to reading your story!