Thursday, November 1, 2007

Taper....Taper...

So did anyone see the Marathon Challenge on PBS this week?  What a great show.  I found myself tearing up at the end.  It was really good.  Also, USA Track and Field announced this week that they are banning headphones and portable audio players from all of its sanctioned events.  Now, I know there are folks who read this blog that think that Ipods shouldn't be used during events.  I happen to disagree.  I think that if you want to wear headphones, have at it.  As long as you don't endanger anyone, who cares.  I sent an email to the Richmond Marathon folks and they have confirmed that we can wear Ipods this year.  I'm glad of that.  I like listening to music while I run. 

So, I did 5 miles Wednesday and 3 miles today.  Both runs felt good.  My legs are certainly stronger.  I'l do 8 miles Saturday and then 3-3-3 next week.  Then the big day on the 10th.

Weight: 157lbs
Exercise: Running 5 and 3 W and Th.
Weather:Cool 45-55 degrees.

2 comments:

David H. said...

We'll have to agree to disagree on the ipods thing. :) I love listening to music while I run, but I think for races they're a bit unsafe. Anyway, I'm finding that on these short runs that by the end of the day I want to run again. Of course it's best not to, but my energy for next week is picking up. Enjoy these last few runs!

kara said...

I missed that show - hope they re-broadcast!
And I think runners should be allowed to wear headphones, earplugs, etc...
I know a lot of races are banning them this year. I don't care in short races but for longs runs...gee.
footnote
They should ban runners with strollers! Even if they can run faster than me! LOL