Tuesday, September 18, 2007

8 miles

Did 8 miles this afternoon. Felt pretty good, but my leg is hurting a little. It kind of feels like my soleus issue again, but I hope not. I have run two days in a row, so tomorrow is a rest day. Hopefully that will clear up the problem. Thursday is 5 miles and then I have 16 on Saturday.

I have to say that I've reached a point in the training where I'm getting a little bored. I may try and change up my running routes a little. Maybe that'll liven things up a bit. Any advice?

Steph ran today as well. I don't know how far, but I think she did 4. So the family did 12 total today...woohoo!!!!

Weight: 160lbs
Exercise:Jason running 8 miles, Steph running 4 miles
Weather:Little warm, Sunny, 75 degrees

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the dog?

When I need a change, I break out one of my "dessert" runs - those runs I use to run for fun and do something I haven't before. Some of those are sunrise or sunset runs with my camera, running with my dog, running with someone I haven't in a long time, a new (or old) trail or path, or a race for a good cause.

David H. said...

Different routes certainly help. If I get bored, sometimes I'll start counting mailboxes, then will lose count. Or I'll pick out a mailbox or tree to run hard to, then ease up. There's probably no clear-cut way to get rid of being bored once you get back 13 miles or so. Maybe take a drive somewhere a half hour away and run there.

Mark said...

A new route will definitely help Jason. I would run maybe 3 different routes each week to avoid boredom. Hey you're running with an interesting person, turn off the iPod and talk for a while... ;)

Jason said...

Those dessert runs sound awesome. I may do that. I think I will take everyone's advice and find another trail.

This is going to sound weird, but right now, I don't like to run with anyone. I really like running by myself. I find it more relaxing as I don't have to keep a certain pace.