Monday, September 10, 2007

A little reflection

A few short weeks ago, I was soooo happy to have run 5 miles on my long run. I had no idea what it felt like to run that far. Moreover, I had no idea if I could continue to up my long runs. I thought that 5 miles was the toughest thing. Well, fast-forward to today and I ran 5 miles as my SHORT run. That's right today marks the first week that all my short runs from now on will be 5 miles. That first 5 mile long run was a killer and I thought (briefly) that I'd never be doing 5 miles for short runs. Well, here I am. What's even more disturbing is that I find myself saying near the end of my long runs that all I have left is five miles. HUH??? All I have left is five miles??? Where did that attitude come from? Who would have thought I'd be praying for just five miles to go. Ha!!!

Here's to kicking 5 miles in the ass!!!

Weight: 161lbs
Exercise:Running 5 miles
Weather:Humid, warm, 74 degrees

PS. My schedule this week is 5-8-5-16.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, that is awesome!