Wednesday, September 5, 2007

How much can one man's nose run?

So, my nose has decided that it is his turn to run. That's right, allergies have hit me in a major way. I feel like crap!!!!

On Monday, I thought I was coming down with a cold, but I since have determined that it is allergies. I never used to have any problems with allergies. Then, something happened this year and man it's like the flood gates opened. The problem is that the allergies give me a headache as well. The only drug that works is Benadryl.

Nonetheless, I did my 7 mile run this morning. You should have seen the slimy trail I left behind (yeah I know TMI). Anyway, I struggled through it and then promptly popped me some meds. The run was pretty good actually. I felt pretty good through it.

Unless things work themselves out, I may be canceling my SCUBA this weekend. As you know, SCUBA involves pressure and as my sinuses are causing me problems, there is a chance I won't be able to equalize the pressure in my ears when I'm underwater. That mean lots of pain. So, if that's the case, I won't be diving. If I don't dive, I'll definitely shoot for my 16 miles this weekend.

Aghhhhh!!!!!! I hate allergies!!!!

Weight: 161lbs
Exercise: Running 7 miles
Weather: Foggy, 71 degrees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Everyone in my house is complaining of the same thing. Just a few more weeks before a big freeze here!

David H. said...

I just wrote about having a cold this week and then I read your post! Perhaps it's just allergies, but boy does it stink! I'm just not pushing it this week with other things going on ... but as of Monday, there are two months to go!!