Monday, September 3, 2007

Running and Italian Food

Steph and I went to the 29th Annual WV Italian Heritage Festival yesterday. In case you don't know, she is waaaayyyyy Italian. I would tell you her last name, but even I can't pronounce it right. Needless to say, while we were at the festival we had some Italian delicacies. Primarily, we woofed down a nice big sausage sandwich with peppers, mozzarella, and gravy (that's what Italians call sauce....yeah I don't know.....my wife is crazy). Anyway, after the sausagey goodness, we then waited in line for Frittis. These things are fried dough that are then covered in sugar and they taste wonderful. We grabbed four of them that we brought home.

Once we got home, we decided to order Chinese food. Can you guess what's coming?

Uhmm, yeah so when we went out for our run today, it was rough. I did 4 miles and Steph did about 3. Both of us were dragging, but we got through :)

This week I have planned to be a rest week. I won't do a long run as I have two days of SCUBA this weekend. And we all know what happened to me the last time I had a long run and SCUBA'ed. So, no long run this week. I'll do 4-7-4-7. Then back on schedule for next week. I have built into my training 3 weeks that I can mess with. They kind of serve as buffers for unplanned things. So this is the first of those I'll be using.

Hope everyone has a good week and enjoys the Labor Day holiday!!!

Weight: 163lbs
Exercise: Jason Running 4 miles, Steph Running 3 miles
Weather: Cool, Foggy 73 degrees

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

oh my stomach is turning just thinking about running after those two meals. congrats for making it!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous food weekend! Sounds like a great way to relax.