Saturday, September 1, 2007

14 miles for me and 5 for my wife!!!!!

So our family ran a total of 19 miles today. Woohoo for us!!!!!!! I should probably add in Winnie's walk too...her legs are only six inches long so she probably walked a mile this morning as well. So let's say we ran 20 :)

Steph ran 5. That's the longest she has ever run in her life. I'm so happy for her. And proud. I ran 14 and it felt great. I finished in 2:43:45 which I'm happy with. My pace seems to slow down the longer the distance. I'm assuming that's natural. Anyway, both of our runs were done in the cool morning breeze which added to the joy of the run. It was great. Ohhh, I almost forgot. Lemon-Sublime GU is awesome!!!!!!

Now we are off to watch WVU demolish Western Michigan. The game starts at 3:30pm, but we have to get some tailgating in, so we're leaving here around noon or so. See you soon!!!

Let's go Mountaineers!!!!!!!

Weight: 161 lbs
Exercise: Jason running 14 miles, Steph running 5 miles
Weather:Beautiful. Sunny, Cool 65 degrees.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still find it hard to believe that the little girl who gave me soooo much crap when I was at my running peak, is now running 5 miles. I guess there is such a thing as karma and a balance to this world after all!

Joe

Anonymous said...

You guys are a real encouragement to me.

David H. said...

Doesn't running this long make 6 or 7 seem sooo much easier now?!?!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 14 miles! WooHoo!

Stephanie said...

Ummm, thanks Dad. :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome you guys! And this time of year with the weather makes it so much more enjoyable.

Tampa Zephyr said...

I love my morning runs, too! Unfortunately, in Florida, there are few cooler days to run, but if I go early, it's not too bad. I aspire to run more miles, and I'm jealous of your 14 (I run 7.3 every other day). Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Florida running... bleah. Even though I grew up there, I never ran until I moved north. Now when I go home I run with my brother-in-law, even at 6am, and the "wet blanket" nearly kills me.