Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Good 8 miles

So today was 8 miles. I did it in the afternoon as I had an all day meeting and wasn't able to get it in this morning. It was great. We've had a break from the heat and today's run was done in about 72 degrees with no humidity. It was wonderful.

Tomorrow I do 5 miles and then hop on a flight to Auburn, Alabama. I'll be back home on Sunday. I think I'm going to only do 10 miles on Saturday instead of my scheduled 16. I think I need a break week. So this week I'll get in 28 instead of 34. Next week, I'll be doing 5-8-5-16 again.

The real concern I have as the marathon gets closer is a trip I have scheduled to Cologne Germany the middle of October. I think I'll just be beginning my taper and I don't want to mess too much with my training at that point. I guess I'll worry about that as it gets closer. I guess I can always do my long run in Germany. That'll be pretty cool I think.

Cheers and talk to you guys on Sunday.

Weight: 161 lbs
Exercise:Running 8 miles
Weather:Beautiful, 72 degrees

2 comments:

David H. said...

Long runs in strange places can be good. Maybe you could find a group to run with in Germany?

Runner Leana said...

Sometimes running can be a great way to see a new city. With a little research online you may be able to find a good running route before you go. Good luck!