Thursday, October 11, 2007

29 days and counting

So yesterday marked the 30 day countdown. Wow....30 more days and I'll running a marathon. I'm really excited and can't wait. Actually, I'm getting kind of bored with the training and am really anxious to get the marathon underway. We'll see if I maintain that attitude as the marathon gets closer. I'm also a little nervous. As I've mentioned before, I'm not one to do things halfway. So when I decided to run a race, why not pick the hardest one. Most folks would have probably started off with a 5k...maybe a 10k. Not me, I decided to run a marathon as my first competitive race. Because of that, I'm a little nervous. But, as always, I'll get through :)

I ran 8 miles yesterday and will do 5 today. Then the big one on Saturday. 20 miles. Whew!!! I can't wait.

Cheers!!!

Weight:160lbs
Exercise:Running 8 miles Wed., Running 5 miles Thu.
Weather: Cool. 55-60 degrees.

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

Nerves and total paranoia will pass through during taper, but the excitement of a first marathon...nothing can take that away!

David H. said...

I've been trying different things while running to fight off being bored. One thing that's strangely working is not looking at my watch for a while. It gets focus of time and speed and how much longer you have to run. It is actually making the runs go a lot faster. Enjoy this last month! I'll be in touch on email soon.