Saturday, October 13, 2007

Reflection (20 miles)

One year ago today, my mother passed away from esophageal cancer. Today's run was done in her honor. In less than a month, I will also run a marathon in memory of her. If you haven't already, and would like to, please donate to my marathon run. The link is there on the right a little ways down. Anything helps. If you can't donate, words of wisdom and advice are always welcome.

I finally gave myself a blister today. First one I've had the entire program. Maybe I'll name it after my mom...ha....she'd think that was funny. She would also think that I'm as crazy as a loon for attempting to run a marathon. We all know I'm not crazy....just a little "touched" is all.

Thanks to all who have helped me so far. Just a few more weeks!!!!

PS. We ran 26 miles today as a family, not counting Winnie's 1. That puts us at 56 for the week (not counting Winnie).

Weight: 158 lbs
Exercise:Running 20 miles, Steph running 6 miles
Weather:Cool, Sunny 45-60 degrees.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jason....your Mom would certainly be proud of you, and I'm sure she'll be smiling down on you when you hit the marathon with both feet running, so to speak :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jason - 20 miles! It seems like yesterday instead of the beginning of the summer when you started on your long runs - runs that now seem mid distance or short in your book.

What a great way to remember your mom with your blister - maybe it was her funny way of saying - Yo Son - I am with you every step of the way.

Been meaning to send you an email, my dad went in for his second procedure to peel off some more lining in his esophogus. The last two biopsies have been negative - so we are hopeful maybe this one will be the last.

Take care of yourself these last few weeks before the big dance!

David H. said...

congrats on the 20 ... won't you be glad when the tapering begins?!? Like I said before, I'll be in touch soon.

Jason said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Amy glad to hear things are looking better for your father.