Thursday, October 18, 2007

I think I'm catching a cold...

Ughhh....I fell like crap. After my run this morning things were fine, but right now my nose is running and I have that weird feeling in my throat which I think means I'm catching a cold. Oh well.

The run went great this morning. No issues. I had to start a little early this morning so it was a little dark. I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but for every run I've done to train for the marathon, I've done in my sunglasses. So that means that when it's dark out, people look at me a little funny (I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can....). I don't know why I do it. I do know that if I don't wear my sunglasses I feel naked. :)

Cheers!!

Weight:158lbs
Exercise:Running 5 miles
Weather:Cool, overcast 55-60 degrees.

3 comments:

David H. said...

Be careful out there if you feel like you're getting sick. Don't hesitate to move that 20 miler to Sunday if you get off track. It's funny about wearing sunglasses - I've only worn sunglasses during races and a hat at all other times. I haven't decided yet on what my marathon gear will be. A lot will depend on the weather.

AndyTheRunner said...

Don't get too worried about having a cold. It is very common to get a cold in the last few weeks before a marathon while the seasons are changing and your system is tired. Usually it is just a head cold that can be made to feel better for 3-5 hours with an over the counter medication and you will feel fine during the race

Anonymous said...

I know why you wear them... it's for safety out there on the trail... Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades, oh-no!