Saturday, October 27, 2007

#5590 (12 miles)

My bib number arrived in the mail today.  I'm #5590.  Woot!!!!  I guess that means there are 5589 people in front of me.  Yikes!!!  Anyway, it's pretty easy to remember so all the folks who are coming to the marathon to support me should be able to remember it :)


I decided to follow David's advice and I bumped up this weeks long run to 12 miles.  My program calls for the first taper run to be at 9 miles and I thought (along with David) that this was too low.  So I did 12 today.  I think next week's long run will be 10 or 11.  My program calls for 8.  I have another question for folks as well.  Next week my program calls for my schedule to be 3-5-3-long run.  Do you think the mileage next week is too low?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Today's run went fine.  The weather was little dreary and the wind was ferocious.  Otherwise, it was fine.

Cheers!!!

Weight:157lbs
Exercise:Running 12 miles
Weather:Overcast, cool 55 degrees

2 comments:

David H. said...

This being my first time around, too, it's tough to give advice. All my advice is based on what I've read and other people's advice. I'd actually recommend 10 or less next week. I'm planning on 8 and the other programs I combined to make my own all had the last long run at 8. The rest of your mileage sounds along the lines of what I'm doing and what I've seen, but I run five times a week. Now's the time to rest up and let your body heal itself before the big day.

Anonymous said...

My advice would be that if you are working a (premade) plan, and it has worked well for you, not to deviate significantly. You know, the whole, "if it ain't broke" thing. I remember doubting the taper, thinking that because the amount dropped so much that I would get out of shape by the race or that there was no way I could be storing up energy etc. Turned out to be a good thing, and I think that running more might have just made me worn out.