Saturday, October 6, 2007

A busy week, but no slacking (18 miles)

Whew!!!! What a week!!! It was incredibly busy, hence my lack of posts. Nonetheless, I got all my mileage in and just got back from my 18 today. Steph did 7 today as well. Woohoo for her again!!!!!! This is the longest she's ever run. 18 is the longest I've ever run too so woohoo for me :) We did 25 miles today as a family (26 if you count Winnie's). For the week, we've done 53 miles. My run was pretty good. I actually was running much faster than I thought. I did the 18 in 3 hours and 20 minutes. I have to say that I'll be happier when the weather cools down a little more. Last week's weather was perfect for my long run. I pray that next week's weather for my long run will be just like that as I am doing 20 miles for my long run next week. My schedule is 5-8-5-20. I'll also do 20 miles the following week and then I begin my taper.

In terms of updates over the last week, I had a follow-up doctor's appt. to the one I had a couple of weeks ago. I had to have some moles taken off of my back (yeah I know...it's gross). I also had my blood drawn for normal testing. I go back in two week to go over the results. Ohhh, I also will not be going to Germany, so my running will take place in the US that week. I'm disappointed that I'm not going, but at least I'll be at home for my long run. I think that's it. I'll be back to regular posting this week I hop. So, stay tuned :)

Let's go Mountaineers!!!!! (they just scored against Syracuse)

Weight: 160lbs
Exercise: Jason running 5(M) 8(W) 5(Th) 18(S). Steph running 3(M) 5(T) 3(Th) (7S)
Weather: Sunny, warm 74 degrees.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Great job Jason! And Steph! And Winnie!

The forecast is in your favor for next week at least, ten degrees cooler, if you can stand the rain.

Mark said...

Wonderful Jason!! Very wonderful Steph! Winnie? ....... ah.... just don't bite me.... my fingers are crossed for cool weather.

David H. said...

Looks like the weather will cool by next weekend. Let's hope that it's at least 20 degrees cooler on Nov. 10. Hey, send me an email sometime (look at my profile - it's an email address I check about once a week) - I'd like to at least meet each other at the marathon. It would be nice to put a real, live face to the words I read every day!!