Thursday, April 24, 2008

3 more miles

Got three miles in today and it felt great. My leg almost feels like it did before I injured it. Whew!!! I get so worked up about racing and adding the injury made me a tad more nervous than usual, but I think I'll finish the half just fine.

Steph and I are staying with her sister who lives in Cinci. There's a story here, so hang on :)

My decision to begin training for a marathon was influenced indirectly by Steph's sister. We visited her in May of last year and, while there, I read an article in her local paper about the Flying Pig Marathon. I can remember the article pretty vividly. In fact, I can remember where and when I read it, which for me is amazing as I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.

Anyway, the article was about this woman who decided to run the Flying Pig as her first marathon. She was a twin and her and her sister were both going to run it. I think the sister had already run it once before. It was pretty inspiring and I decided that I should consider doing it. Well, I'm not running the marathon, but I'll conquer the Flying Pig Half next month thanks to Steph's sister. If we hadn't visited her, I may not have gotten the marathon bug at all :)

Weight: 157lbs
Exercise: Running 3 miles
Weather: Beautiful

No comments: