Friday, April 11, 2008

Ambulance Chase 5k

On Sunday, Steph and I will run the 2008 Ambulance Chase 5k here in Morgantown. It raises money to provide legal services to folks over 60 who can't afford it. Steph and I have never run a race as short as a 5k, so it should be fun.

I weight trained and ran this week. My schedule is/was 5-5-5-6-3.1. Once the 5k is done, I'll be back to 10/12 mile long runs until the Flying Pig Half. It terms of my weight training, I have a little secret.....I'm actually starting to develop abs...woohoo!!!! I'm not at a six pack by any means, but I can at least see them now :) As many of you know, I hate ab work. If there is one muscle group that I hate to work, its my stomach. But, over the last few weeks, I've worked in some crunches and oblique stuff that has really made a difference. I also think it has helped me bump up my run times as well.

I'll give you a race report after Steph and I finish the 5k. Until then, cheers!!

Oh one more quick thing (and don't watch if you are easily offended). This has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Have fun with all that California!!!



Weight:157 lbs
Exercise:Running 5-5-5, Weight training MWF
Weather:Warm, Beautiful.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Good luck with the 5K. Try to apply the principles in the video but don't get caught!

Stephanie said...

Now I know why you like weight lifting so much . . .