Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Take two aspirin....

I just got back from the doctor and my official diagnosis is a strained hamstring. There is no bruising so that's a good thing. I was told to ice it 4 times a day and then he gave me a prescription for some heavy duty ibuprofen. He seems to think I can still do the half in two weeks. So I'm pretty happy about that. I'll head to the gym tomorrow for my weight training and I may walk on the treadmill...we'll see. I also may give swimming a shot.

He told me that I am not anywhere as flexible as I need to be. In fact, he says that's why I probably hurt myself to begin with. I guess I should also mention that my Dr. is the head of sports medicine for WVU. Anyway, I need some advice from you guys on stretches for my legs, specifically my hammies. Any ideas?

It seems I've been on a youtube kick for a little while. So in order to not harm the streak....ha!!!!



Weight:158lbs
Exercise:None
Weather:Beautiful, cool.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

the best hamstring exercise i do _ mine tighten up all the time as well _ is to grab a long towel and lay on your back. put one leg in the air and put the towel just behind your foot that is in the air and pull back as much as you can. this will lengthen and stretch those hammies.

David H. said...

Based on what you've been running, you're definitely in good enough shape to do the half in a couple of weeks. Just listen to your body and you'll be OK.

Stephanie said...

HA!! Here's to no more man boobs! ;-)