Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finding Jason


So I felt like Nemo today.

I did my first swim. It stunk!!!! I think I am meant to only exercise on land. Nevertheless, I got through it :) I intended just to do some drills that I picked up from my Triathlon 101 book. It worked out about as good as I could expect I guess.

However, I can't even swim a lap without some problem with my breathing. I want to hold my breath when I'm under. The problem is, when you swim, you can't do that. You're supposed to exhale and then come up for a breath.....yeah that doesn't work out so well for me ;)

So I'll be giving it another shot on Thursday. We'll see what happens.

I just ran a mile yesterday as my leg was sore. I think I pushed it a little too hard on Sat. We'll see what I run tomorrow. Probably just 1-2 miles. I really want to be in good shape when I do the Cinci race. BTW, do you know the medal for that race is a pig butt? Ha!!!!



Weight: 158lbs
Exercise:Swimming
Weather:Beautiful

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

It might actually pay you to get a few lessons from a coach. I did that as I always struggled with breathing while swimming and they showed me how to do it properly within about 2 weeks.

David H. said...

Good luck in all this. I've never been able to swim very well either and have no desire to do a triathlon. I've been thinking of doing a duathlon, perhaps. They seem to be getting more popular.