Saturday, April 12, 2008

Jason...triathlete?

I've been thinking about this for a while. Since I've been bitten by the running bug, I've been looking for ways to make it more challenging. I've been very happy with my decreasing running times as well as the benefits I've seen from my weight training. I'm also very happy with the race lineup I have for this year. But, as many of you know, I am, in reality, Batman. And unfortunately, my personality keeps me from being happy with running a marathon. I have to keep pushing it. So, that's what I'm going to do. Push it.

Unlike my running goals, which included me completing a marathon as my first competitive race, I won't be shooting for the Ironman right out of the gate :) But I think I can do an Olympic Triathlon with the right training. My thought is I'd do it in 2009. So, I signed up with a local club that brings together multisport athletes. I also signed up for a swimming clinic put on by this same club for the end of this month. I think my swimming will be the biggest obstacle to completing a triathlon.

Nevertheless, my ultimate goal is to complete a full Ironman. So here's to a new chapter in my life. Wish me luck!!

Cheers!!!



Weight: 158lbs
Exercise:Running 6 miles
Weather: Warm, Sunny

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I'm sure you can do it. Good luck.

Robert Barker said...

Good luck, you must be a crazy as Batman. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments. I'm looking forward to Boston.

Triathlons are a lot of fun. I think you are wise to start with the sprint distance and move up from there. Maybe an Ironman in 2009?