Thursday, August 30, 2007

RoadID

A few weeks ago I bought a RoadID. I thought I'd give it a quick plug as it is a pretty good idea especially as one begins to run longer distances. If you don't know, RoadID is nothing more than a bracelet that lists the names and numbers of folks who can be called if you happen to keel over while you're running. I've been wearing mine religiously since I've started the longer distances. I have Steph's number, my dad's, and my father-in law's. It is pretty comfortable, and after you get used to it, you don't even know it is there.

I ran 4 miles today. It felt great. Nothing big to mention other than it was fun. On Saturday, I run 14 miles. Then it is off to the WVU Football game with friends. I can't believe that I'm getting ready to run 14 miles. I think if I successfully finish, I'll feel like I can really finish the marathon.

Here's to my half-marathon + .9 !!!

Weight:160lbs
Exercise:Running 4 miles
Weather:72 degrees, cool.

5 comments:

David H. said...

I never leave home without mine (although I'll have to get a new one soon). It makes my wife feel much better when I'm gone for long periods of time.

Anonymous said...

Good reminder! I had one, it disappeared and I need a new one. Ya just never know when you will need one. Enjoy your 14 mile run!

zanne said...

i never take mine off - when i do, i usually forget to put it back on again ... i used to wait until i hit the long distances too, before wearing mine, but i got hit by a car a few months ago just 5 minutes from my house (i wasn't wearing the bracelet, cause it was just going to be short run) ... short, indeed. great product - wear it on all your runs!

RunToTheFinish said...

I need to get one, they really are a great idea.

Good luck this weekend!

Jason said...

Yikes!!!! I'm so sorry you got hit by a car. I hope you are ok.

The 14 miles went great!!!