Saturday, July 14, 2007

5 miler

Today Steph and I got up bright and early and visited the rail-trail for our exercise. I ran the long run of the week (5 miles) and Steph walked 3 miles and ran 1...woohoo for her!!!

The weather was great and my run went very well. I picked it up a little towards the end as well. My pace was 9:22 so I was very happy with that. That pace is actually faster than my 4 mile run I did on Tuesday. The five miles I did today also included a hill. So, all in all, it went great. I'm very happy. Also, I should mention that 5 miles is the longest I've ever run...ever!!!! Woohoo for me!!!!

I lifted today as well. I think I may be moving my lifting schedule as my long runs become longer. It is just too much to do in one day I think. Anyway, we had great weather and a great workout.

Next week I follow the same mileage as I did this week with the exception that my long run is 6 miles.

Cheers!!

Weight: 167lbs
Exercise: Running 5 miles
Weather: Beautiful. 65-70 degrees no humidity.

2 comments:

David H. said...

congrats on the 5-mile run. It's always a great feeling to say you've ran the farthest you've ever ran. Before you know it, 5 miles will seem like nothing!

Jason said...

I can't wait!!!

:)