Tuesday, August 7, 2007

8 miles is great!!!

So I did my 8-miler on Saturday and it was awesome. My father-in-law (you know the guy who made some of those music recommendations from the 1970's that...uhmm....no one listens to anymore) planned a great 8.5 mile route for me in Hopewell, VA. I used a gel from PowerBar that I wasn't too impressed with, and then hydrated using all four of my fuelbelt bottles. With that combination, I ran for close to 9 miles without losing any energy at all. I felt great afterwards and I have to really thank my father-in-law for taking the time to map out the route for me. I really appreciate it. It's amazing how many people help you run a marathon...although it may be me out on the course, I never run alone.

I did 3 miles yesterday and 5 miles today. The 5 miler today was a great run, but man the weather was awful. It was 75 degrees with like 80% humidity. I thought I would die. In fact, since I started training for the marathon, this is the hottest I've been. Blech!!!

On Thursday I'll run 3 again and then I have 10 miles on Saturday. My wife and I are going to Harper's Ferry for our anniversary so I'll be running there. The owner of the Jackson Rose bed and breakfast we are staying at is a runner and she has agreed to give me a route to run. I, again, can't wait.

Tomorrow is SCUBA!!! Woohoo!!!

PS. It is nice to be back home :)

Weight: 164lbs
Exercise: Running 8 miles Sat, Running 3 miles Monday, Running 5 miles today.
Weather: Weather today was horrible. 75 degrees, very high humidity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of like some of the 70's stuff. But then again, I have a few years on you. You have to mix it up with a little eminem and black eyed peas though. I like the barenaked ladies too.

Anonymous said...

Each time I have run in the last week, I think of you. There aren't many runners who like to scuba but I realized that you are the smartest guy in the world. I bet you are going to take those SCUBA skills and learn to breathe while running in the water (oh wait - that it is just the ungodly humidity). UGH - this weather!

Anonymous said...

Good job! Told you that you'd start enjoying those longer ones. Wait until 10! That's the best!

Jason said...

Lisa, I like "Stayin' Alive" as a running song (and that's about the only 70s song I like), but Itunes doesn't carry it.

Ha!!! Amy, now that's funny....I don't care who you are :)

Dude, you don't even know how psyched I am for 10.