Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Running is so fun!!!!

I left this morning for my run hoping it would be a good one. Monday's was so-so. As such, I was praying that today's would be good. Like Tony the Tiger says, it was GREAT!!!! I did 6 miles today in the nice, cool early morning fog. And, even more exciting, was that I lost myself in the run. I love it when that happens.

My marathon training book talks about this thing called "flow". They claim that athletes can get into this vibe where everything seems to go right with their exercise. They call it flow. I think I've had that a few times and I really like it. It is like I'm not even exercising. I think I had that again this morning.

One of the things I haven't mentioned in a while is Steph's running odyssey. She has been diligently working her way up to running most days of the week. I can't tell you how happy I am about that. She runs close to three miles a day most days of the week. On top of that, she also walks the dog every day. I'm not one for walking our dog as she sniffs at everything and I don't have much patience with her when it comes to that. She also poops at the most inopportune times when she is with me. So, Steph is the good parent.

Anyway, here's to Steph's running!!!

Weight: 160 lbs
Exercise: Running 6 miles
Weather: Foggy, cool 72 degrees.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks, babe. :-)

Anonymous said...

I share your passion. I am so happy to be back running again. The flow or the zone, whatever you want to call it, is the best!