Monday, August 27, 2007

Back in the saddle again....

Man, what a busy weekend. So you know about my debacle on Saturday. That had to be the worst I've felt in a while. Nonetheless, I think I'm finally all the way recovered. I did 4 miles today and it felt pretty good.

More importantly, I am a Certified Open Water Diver. WOOHOO!!!!!! That means that I can dive up to 60 feet anywhere in the world. We did all of our final dives at the Youghiogheny River Dam and man it was so cool. On Saturday, we did some surface skills and underwater skills similar to what we had done in the pool. Then we had a underwater tour of the lake. We didn't get much deeper than about 25 feet or so. However, I did recover an artifact from the bottom of the lake. It's of the modern period, apparently used by homo sapiens.....possibly even homo sapiens infants.

Uhmm.....*ahem*.....it is a little cup kids play with at the beach. Not very exciting, but it was still pretty cool to find something. I was the only one who found something so I took it as a sign that I'm supposed to be diving in wrecks because I can recover things....yeah I know...shut up.

On Sunday, we did some more skills, both surface and underwater, and then we had another trip along the bottom of the lake. This time, however, we went about 45 feet deep. Until you go that far under the water, you really don't know what cold and dark really mean. We had some light but it was still pretty dark and it felt really cold. Nothing spells panic like cold and dark under 45 feet of water. Anyway, it was exhilarating. I really enjoyed it and am even more excited about my additional upcoming SCUBA courses. In two weeks, I'll be taking the Advanced Open Water Diver course where I get to do a deep dive and a night dive. The deep dive goes down to 100 feet. I can't wait. Later in September, I will also be taking the Rescue Diver course. After that, and a few more dives, I'll be a Master Scuba Diver.

I'll also be purchasing my own regulator this month as I really hate using the ones that everyone else uses in the classes.

Because of my marathon training and the fact that SCUBA is slowly taking over my life, I've decided against Fencing. It is just too much I think.

Anyway, here's to a great week running. My schedule is 4-6-4-14.

Weight: 161lbs
Exercise:Running 4 miles
Weather: Cool 70 degrees.

No comments: