Friday, August 10, 2007

Off to Harper's Ferry

Steph and I leave for Harper's Ferry today. Woohoo!! We'll be back on Sunday. Tomorrow, I'm running my 10-miler at the C&O Towpath near where we are staying. I can't wait. I bought some different types of gels to use this time. I'm going to experiement as I didn't like the PowerBar gel I had during last week's run. It was some kind of strawberry/banana concoction and it stunk. Anyway, I picked up a Gu, Clifshot, and Sport Beans. So we'll see how they work.

SCUBA was awesome (as always). We finally got to get in the deep pool. We learned a few new skills like buddy breathing and handling a tired diver on the surface. We also learned how to become neutrally bouyant. That is, we learned how to hover in the middle of the pool without touching the bottom or being above the surface. Then, we were cut loose to swim around. Ohh, I almost forgot. We got a quick lesson in night diving as the power went out as we were swimming. So imagine being underwater in pitch black....it was pretty cool :)

Anyway, I'll see you guys Sunday.

Weight: 163lbs
Exercise: None
Weather: Overcast, 75 degrees

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sportbeans are good! Enjoy your run.

Anonymous said...

Gu is still my fav.

Under water in the dark - eeck! You are a brave man.