Sunday, August 12, 2007

Here we go 10 miles, here we go!!!

Wow....I think I'm starting to feel like a runnner. I know, I know....I run, so therefore I am a runner. But man, 10 miles (it was actually 11 miles) really makes you feel like a runner :)

Anyway, the run went wonderfully. I think I have become the official spiderweb remover for the trail though. I must have run into every stinking spiderweb out there. Did you know that spiderwebs actually have a taste? Yep, I didn't think so either, but they do.

In terms of the gels I have to say, I'm not really impressed with any of them so far. The best tasting one has been the Clifshot. The gu actually tasted like crap (I got the plain variety). I didn't get to try the Sports Beans yet so I'm hoping they are good. Any advice on flavors? I'd like to try the gu again, so if you have a favorite, let me know. Also, let me know flavors on the others as well.

This week, my schedule is 4-5-4-11. I'm starting to increase my weekly mileage and I can't tell you how happy I am about that. For almost 4 weeks I was running 3 miles twice a week and I was really wanting to run more.

PS. Kudos to Rob at Run to Lose. I think I'm going to follow up on his post about motivation. He's hit the nail on the head and I'd like to expand a little (if he doesn't mind). So look for a post later this week.

Weight: 164lbs
Exercise: Running 11 miles
Weather: Beautiful. Cool 72 degrees.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plain Gu is actually flavored with spider webs - yep, they are the same flavor. For Gu, if you give it another shot, try banana, orange, chocolate, raspberry. Ok, anything but plain. Unless you are starting to acquire a taste for spiderwebs. :}
On my last trail run, I was dreaming that I could harvest spiderwebs and sell them for millions....

Robert Barker said...

Don't mind, I look forward to your thoughts.

Jason said...

Ha, the spiderwebs wouldn't be so bad, there's just not enough protein :)

thanks Rob.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

I take the GU Vanilla, not bad... but ya know it's gel (not fries & a shake--lol)

My favorite energy bar with some good protein is the ORGANIC FOOD Bar (Blueberry or Cranberry) I will eat half a bar at a time...soft & easy to wash down with some water...

I love SHARKIES also for electrolytes and HEED & NUUN are my drinks on the run plus tons of water.

Have a great week

David H. said...

congrats on hitting the double digits!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!!