Thursday, August 16, 2007

SCUBA is over...what next?

My running today went well. We woke up this morning to thunder and lightning as well as horrendous rain. What great running weather!!!!! Although I waited for the lightning to stop, I did run in the rain. I've mentioned before how much I love running in the rain and this was no different. I can't say I like warming up or stretching while it is raining, but the running I definitely do. Anyway, everything went fine. On Saturday, I have 11 miles. Wish me luck!!!

Last night was the last night of SCUBA class. Since we were able to learn the remainder of our skills last night, we don't have another class period. The weekend after next (Aug 25-26), we have our open dives. If all goes well, I'll be certified after those dives.

So the question is, what's next? Well, as you know, I'm going to take the Advanced Open Water Diver course on the weekend of September 8. But, all that takes is one weekend. After that, I have to get some dives under my belt before I can progress to the next level.

So while I'm getting those dives, what will I do to occupy my time? Hmm.....are you ready? FENCING!!!!! Woohooo!!!! That's right, I'll be taking Fencing lessons. How cool will that be? Those classes start on September 5 and go to November 14. Soooooo, as I continue with my SCUBA, I'll be taking Fencing classes as well.

Here's to becoming a swordfighting, SCUBA diving runner :)




Weight: 163 lbs
Exercise: Running 4 miles
Weather: 75 degrees. Raining.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fencing?! At least there are no sharks in that sport. But the white little outfits are a bit silly. :}

Dr. David Hauser said...

You want me to fence too? I've always been tempted...

I would so kick your ass.

Anonymous said...

Dude. Put down the coffee.

Jason said...

Silly outfits? All cool sports have silly outfits. Look at all those super short running shorts...if that isn't silly, and gross, I don't know what is.

yeah...c'mon big boy....I can epee your ass all over morgantown.

Anonymous said...

I've never thought of fencing as cross training. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

Jason said...

Tom, you bet. I don't know how much quality cross-training I'll get in, but I'll definitely be posting about the experience.