Thursday, August 2, 2007

I'm in love with Clif....


Clif Bars that is. They are energy bars and man, these things are awesome!!! I had my first one this morning for breakfast. I had a banana and a glass of OJ before I went for my run and then, after I was done, I tried me a tasty Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch Clif Bar. Whoah!!!! This is almost like eating a pop-tart. If you haven't tried these things, please do yourself a favor and pick up some. If you have a Target store near you, you can find pretty good deals on them there.

My run went well. Three miles today...nothing major. I'm sticking with the morning runs as the weather is nice and it feels great to get the run in before the rest of the day starts. On Saturday, I have a long run of 8 miles. I will definitely be hydrating and I may even try me a gel as I figure I'll be running for like 80 minutes or so.

As I mentioned earlier this week, I am headed to Richmond for the weekend and will be staying there and Charlottesville until the beginning of next week, so I probably won't be blogging until I get back home (probably Wednesday).

SCUBA again was awesome. We practiced some more skills (mostly emergency skills) and I aced my quiz again. We learned how to swim without our mask while still breathing through the regulator. In addition, we learned to remove our mask, breathe through our regulator without it and then replace the mask and clear. Then we put those two together: removed our mask swam the length of the pool while breathing through the regulator and then placing the mask back on and clearing it...all underwater. Woohoo!!! Oh, we also had to swim the length of the pool while alternating our regulator with our snorkel. Next week, we get in the deep pool and I can't wait.

See you guys next Wednesday!!

Weight: 164lbs
Exercise: Running 3 miles
Weather: Nice and cool. 72 degrees.

5 comments:

Runner Leana said...

I have tried a couple Clif Bars and I'm not sure I'm in love with them, but I definitely like them better than Power Bars. I'll have to give the one you mention a try. I hear the cookies and mint one is pretty good too. I typically start the Sport Beans or whatever on anything 8 miles and up as well. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

My best friend raves about the Clif Bars as well. I need to try them, Thanks for pointing out that Target carries them! I have one very close to my house.

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

I really belief Cliff has a great formula around fuel and Taste. They are more first choice. Have fun on your trip.

Anonymous said...

Cliff bars are great. Another good one to try is Larabars. Glad to hear your running is going well.

Carey said...

Hey Jason,
I, too, enjoy Clif Bars (their Protein Bars are great too) and if you want to change some things up try an Odwalla Bar (they have a few different flavors). Noticed you like Go Lean Crunch; I like to switch between that and Nature's Path Optimum Power Cereal with a few raisins sprinkled in. I always make sure I have a box of each around. Best of luck in your first marathon!
Carey