Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Break in the Weather

Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. He knows he must run faster than the slowest gazelle or he will starve. Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. He knows he must run faster than the fastest lion or he will be eaten. It doesn't matter if you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running!
What a beautiful day we had today. My run today was done in 60 degree weather and no humidity. Woohoo!!! It was great. It looks like the weather is going to begin to get cooler after this week (at least according to our idiot weather people). We'll see. I have little confidence in their ability.

I ran 5 miles this morning and I was a little sluggish. I didn't eat anything before the run, which is a big no no. But other than that it went fine.

Tomorrow is SCUBA. We have two more classes and then I'm certified. We have our final tomorrow and then some more swimming. Next week is nothing but swimming. Then, on the weekend, we go for our open-water dives which we do in a nearby lake. I have to figure out how to get my long run in and the open water dives on the same day...hmm....I may move my long run to Sunday.

Weight: 164lbs
Exercise: Running 5miles
Weather: Beautiful 60 degrees. No humidity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - your SCUBA stuff has flown by so quickly (for me anyway!) I bet the open water dive will be so exciting.

Good luck on that and your long run.

David H. said...

Awesome weather, but feeling sluggish ... I've had the same thing happen this week. Kind of odd. Anyway, stay flexible with when you do that long run.

Jason said...

Yeah I know I can't believe my SCUBA is getting close to being over too. We only have our open dives left. We'll do those weekend after this coming one.

David, I know isn't it weird? Today was fine though...go figure.