Friday, July 20, 2007

Running and SCUBA

So Wednesday was my first SCUBA lesson.  I am taking the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) Open Water Diving Course.  This course enables me to dive recreationally anywhere in the world.  For some reason, I have this fascination with diving on wrecks and this is my first step to doing that.

Anyway, our first class was a general classroom session followed by our swim test which consisted of swimming 300 yards in a mask, snorkel, and fins and then to tread water for 10 minutes without touching the sides of the pool (and not drowning according to the instructor).  Neither was difficult, so I passed with flying colors.  Next week, we do our first confined dive in the pool and I can't wait.  Until then, I have a lot of interesting reading to do for the class.

My run yesterday went great.  I did 3 miles and then lifted.  It rained most of the time I was running, which I like, so I was very pleased with day.  Tomorrow is my long day and I run 6 miles.  After my run, Steph and I are headed to Ft. Necessity National Battlefield to see where George Washington got his ass handed to him and then we head back and pick up the new Harry Potter book for Steph.  We should have a pretty full day.

I guess I should also mention that I will be shaving my goatee off.  First, because a lot of folks voted in the poll that I should.  Second, I have to in order to keep the mask I'll be using in SCUBA from filling up with water.  So here's to a new look!!!

Cheers!!

Weight: 167lbs

Exercise: Running 3 miles, strength training

Weather: Rainy, humid, 75 degrees

No comments: