Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm a Tiger (according to Blogger)

So I added my birth year to my blogger profile today and lo and behold it told me my zodiacal year is the Year of the Tiger....hmmm....since I didn't know what that meant, I looked it up on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia claims:

"Tiger people are difficult to resist, for they are magnetic characters and their natural air of authority confers a certain prestige on them. They are tempestuous yet calm, warm-hearted yet fearsome, courageous in the face of danger yet yielding, soft and mysterious in unexpected places. They enjoy a life full of challenges and unexpected events, like visiting unusual places and meeting interesting or outstanding people. Other people in their area are easily attracted by the tiger's enthusiasm and way of life.

Tigers find pleasure in the unpredictable, and while other people would rather make a backward step, they are not afraid to explore the new and unusual. But it is not that simple to interest the Tiger. What they really need is first-hand experience. Usually open and frank, these people are likely to withdraw and can be aggressive when trapped. As soon as the Tiger has regained their sense of security their confidence also returns, enabling them to set out once more. These people usually tend to trust their instincts, though there is another side of their personality, which assesses situations thoughtfully before they launch any actions. Their friends usually secretly admire their determination and optimism, though sometimes may find it complicated to share the Tiger's enthusiasm and can be pushed away and left behind. Although Tigers can be courageous and generous friends, if they are not able to achieve what they want, they can be inflexible and self-centered. So if your friend was born in the year of the Tiger, there will be highs and lows in your friendship, but the friendship itself will remain firm.

Ideal jobs for tigers include entrepreneur, military officer, politician, musician, writer, poet, artist, theater director, biological and environmental engineer, stockbroker, athlete, film star, trade union leader, company director, stunt person, explorer, and lawyer."

Wow!!!! I really feel good about myself now. I think I want to be an explorer. I've tried some of the other jobs and they suck :) So, as of now, I'm soliciting funds for an exploration. But, until I get enough dough I guess I'll have to continue to be a runner...maybe I'll be a running explorer...that's kind of cool (ok not really, but I had to have a segue to the rest of my post about my run today).

So, the 4 miler went very well. Can't wait until 6 miles this Saturday. Weather was still incredibly humid. It's like out of nowhere. Because of the high temps and humidity lately I've been thinking about logistics related to my water consumption. As you know, I have a fuel belt. But, in total, it only holds 32 ounces. The problem is that the trail I'd like to run for my longer runs has no ready access to water. There are no public water fountains, gas stations, etc. It, literally, is out in the middle of nowhere. So, the question is how do I get water for myself after I deplete the fuel belt? There is the possibility of changing the trail I run, but man I really don't want to do that. I could always carry a camelback or something....any ideas?

Cheers!!

Weight: 167 lbs
Exercise: Running 4 miles, Strength training
Weather: Hot, humid, etc., etc. 87 degrees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A camel back would work or you could stash some water on the trail if it's an out and back course.