Saturday, July 21, 2007

6-miler and first time out with Fuel Belt

So today was my long run.  I went six miles and took my Fuel Belt along.  The model I have comes with four 8 oz. bottles, although I only took two for this run.  The actual belt and bottles work wonderfully.  The belt sits great around my waist.  The only real problem was it kept moving laterally around my waist.  I think this was because I only had two bottles instead of the four and therefore it was not weighted correctly.  Otherwise, I loved it.

The run itself went very well.  Today was so beautiful.  Steph and I got to the trail about 9:30am and it was about 60 degrees out, which was perfect.  Steph ended up running 2 miles and walking 3 and I did my six.  Woo hoo for her!!!!

Next week, my schedule is 3-4-3-7 on M-T-Th-S.  I am definitely moving my strength training so I don't do it on my long run days.  So from now on, I'll be lifting on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

PS. I shaved my goatee off :)

Cheers!

Weight: 167lbs

Exercise: Running 6 miles

Weather: Beautiful, 60 degrees.

4 comments:

David H. said...

Can you believe how awesome this weather has been?!? Great job keeping to your training schedule.

Runner Leana said...

I just got one of those 4 bottle Fuel Belts as well. Loved it on my 8 miler on Saturday since it didn't bounce around as much as my other waist packs have!

Jason said...

Yeah the weather is phenomenal. I could only hope it stays this way :)

Leana, did you have all four bottles filled up? I only took two and it kind moved around my waist.

Mark said...

Good for you to have this fuel belt.... now what do you load it with? No.... in th eancient times when I ran.... we didn't have these... what did I do? if it was a 90+ day I carried one 8oz juice box of Gatorade..... orange if you must know.....